The second annual RACKERS WINE COMPETITION registration site is now open.
ONLINE REGISTRATION: http://brewscene.com/competition/?competition_id=144 (you may need to cut and paste this address since I can't get the hyperlink to work.) You will need to register for this site if you have not already done so (it's free!) This is where all TTO registration happens as well.
Rules are as follows:
ENTRIES: Drop off of entries at House of Homebrew begins – November 16, 2015 and ends December 3rd at 5:00 PM
JUDGING: Saturday December 5th, 2015 at DUCK CREEK WINERY, DENMARK WI 10am to noon (or until all entries are judged)
LUNCH – 12:00
CLUB BUSINESS MEETING: 1:00
1) CATEGORIES, Base fruit must constitute a minimum of 75% of the juice. Wines not conforming to this requirement should be entered in a SPECIALTY wine category
GRAPE WINES (RED) includes rose’ wines – sweet or dry – still only
GRAPE WINES (WHITE) sweet or dry – still only
APPLE WINES includes– sweet or dry – still only
PEAR WINES includes perry – sweet or dry – still only
STONE FRUIT WINES includes cherry, plum or any fruit with a single seed/pit
BERRY FRUIT WINES includes raspberry, strawberry, etc. sweet or dry – still only
SPECIALTY WINES includes any blended, vegetable, citrus or herb – sweet or dry – still only
SPARKLING WINES includes all sparkling regardless or ingredients
FORTIFIED WINES includes any wine where alcohol content is added – includes ice wines
MEADS includes fruit, herb, spiced, traditional
CIDER includes sweet or dry
2) DISQUALIFICATION. The chief judge reserves the right to disqualify from judging and awarding any wine entered if a specialty additive is deemed by the judges to be offensive, blatantly inappropriate, or so overpowering that effective judging of the underlying wine style is not possible. There will be no refunds for disqualified wines.
a) Open to any individual member of the Green Bay Rackers
b) Wine must be brewed at a non-commercial site
c) Wine brewed with a juice obtained from a commercial winery are eligible
4) FEES. A $3.00 per each wine entry is required. Checks should be made out to GREEN BAY RACKERS or you can pay via PayPal with your online registration.
5) ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
a) Individuals may enter only one wine in each category
b) Base fruit must constitute a minimum of 75% of the juice. Wines not conforming to this requirement should be entered in the Specialty wine category as a blend.
c) One (1) 750 ml bottle is required per entry. If bottled in beer bottles, two (2) bottles 12 oz. minimum capacity are required. If beer bottles are used, a duplicate entry form should be attached to the second bottle.
d) Champagne bottles with appropriated corks and wire cage are required for sparkling wines
e) Bottles must be free of all labels except for the entry form
a) An entry form must be attached by rubber bands on EACH BOTTLE. Do not use tape or glue. (See form below these rules.)
b) Check or Money Order is acceptable for each entry made out to the GREEN BAY RACKERS
7) DROP OFF SITE. Entries should be identified as wines for the Green Bay Rackers Wine Competition and left at the HOUSE OF HOMEBREW 410 Dousman Street Green Bay WI during their normal business hours.
a) There will be a 1st place award for all groups in which there are at least two entries
b) A best of show award will consist of all 1st place wines from each category
9) DISCLAIMER. The Green Bay Rackers are solely responsible for the conduct of this contest. All leftover wine and empty bottles become the property of the Green Bay Rackers. Entry into this competition shall constitute permission for the Rackers to publish all results on their website.
GREEN BAY RACKERS WINE COMPETITION DECEMBER 5, 2015
ATTACH THIS ENTRY FORM TO EACH BOTTLE OF WINE WITH A RUBBER BAND!
NAME OF WINE ________________________________________
Category Variety if known and/or ingredients used
Grape Wine (Red) ________________________________________
Grape Wine (White) _______________________________________
Apple Wine __________________________________________
Pear Wine __________________________________________
Stone Fruit Wine __________________________________________
Berry Fruit Wine __________________________________________
Specialty Wine __________________________________________
Sparkling Wine __________________________________________
Fortified Wine __________________________________________
SPECIAL INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO THE JUDGES IN JUDGING YOUR ENTRY: